2023 Training Catalog
Strengthen Your Organization's Leadership Capacity Today
Conversing with LeadersDesigned as a space for staff to learn from experienced leaders within your organizations. Trainers prepare relevant questions and guide leaders to reflect on their career journeys, share stories about how they have grown as leaders, overcome obstacles, and advance in their professional careers. (60 min workshop) Show more ›
- Analyze experienced leaders professional growth and career journeys
- Connect your personal career path with potential development opportunities
Developing Your Leadership StyleMap your leadership journey and make commitments in service of professional development. Participants will leverage key principles of Leading from the Center to build your knowledge and identify your personal growth opportunities. You will also evaluate a current challenge in your workplace and learn a variety of tools and perspectives to powerfully solve it. (90 min workshop) Show more ›
- Define how to take ownership in your personal leadership journey
- Understand new perspectives about your 15% solutions and shifts you can make to optimize your impact
Evolution of Leadership: An Introduction to Adaptive SpaceUnderstand how to shape your leadership capacities and establish resources hidden within the existing networks of your relationships. Participants will discover the evolution of organizational and leadership models that lead to today’s social capital and networking period. Through a social network mapping exercise, you will begin to visualize your current connections and plot additional influencers you want to include. Prior to the session, participants will take the Adaptive Space Assessment, which the group will review together. (90 min workshop) Show more ›
- Identify historical and current organizational and leadership models
- Leverage social network maps toward meeting your individual goals
- Establish commitments regarding next steps to productively develop your social networks
Leading From the CenterExplore how to lead from any direction in a 21st century adaptive space environment. Through an introduction to the concept of Adaptive Space and networking, participants will examine the value of your professional network, unlock new connections, and build a plan of action for strengthening your network across your organization. (90 min workshop) Show more ›
- Define what it means to lead and lead from the center
- Determine individual action plans to practice leading in your current role
Leading in AuthenticityEffective leadership combines our intrinsic motivators and values with the ability to guide a shared vision. Both of which require holding an insatiable curiosity and openness to learn and fail. As individual leaders, participants will explore these facets of your passions, innate talents, and seminal experiences to identify your core values and a mission statement to lead your personal leadership journey.
A deeply individualized and interactive session, you will discover practices, one-on-one and group coaching, and tailored exercises specifically designed to build the foundation of your leadership journey. Built on decades of experience in coaching and developing leaders across sectors and levels, this course offers frameworks to quickly understand the unique leadership skills and voice you bring to support development of deep emotional awareness, an authentic leadership style, and relational intelligence to lead successfully in rapidly changing conditions. Show more ›
- Describe your personal and professional values and how they connect to your authentic leadership style
- Identify the patterns and behaviors that push you forward or hold you back as a leader
- Build a powerful mission statement to guide your leadership and personal brand
Building a Foundation for Leadership
According to a recent study, employees consider more than 50% of weekly meetings a waste of time; this translates into an unthinkable number of wasted hours and resources each month. Participants learn practical approaches to facilitate powerful meetings focused on achieving desired outcomes. From identifying the meeting type to ensuring the right people attend to gaining insights on how to address difficult conversations and conflicts as they arise, you will discover methods to help you thoughtfully design and execute impactful meetings.
- Leverage tools to manage time, energy, and dynamics in group settings
- Apply methods to help groups generate ideas and make hard decisions
- Use new tactics to navigate and manage conflict across groups
No matter the industry or sector, written communication is an integral way we affect and influence an audience. Participants will learn and practice the essential principles of business writing including how to write persuasively using the “Writing Trifecta” of utility, clarity, and brevity. You will review grammar and punctuation rules as well as common mistakes to avoid. Finally, you will discover best practices of quality assurance with hands-on learning and resources to strengthen your writing.
- Understand how to apply audience-specific context and content in communication
- Organize a variety of communication techniques for powerful writing, speaking, and presenting
How do seasoned leaders approach their daily to-do list and still have time to impact positive change? Building Core Customer Service Skills explores the primary and distinctive mindsets and methods that set apart change agents from the average employee. Participants will identify the fewest and most important actions and behaviors that will produce the highest value for your organizations. Participants will learn new tools and techniques centered on key customer service skill sets, including active listening, pattern identification, and root cause analysis.
- Apply theoretical and practical models to assess and understand customer needs
- Leverage frameworks for setting and managing customer expectations effectively
- Promote tactics for continuous personal practice and improvement